QA Test Engineer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
QA Test Engineer - Software Quality Engineering Tester
We have an opening with a local client in Pittsburgh, PA for a Quality Assurance Software Test Engineer. Interested candidates need to have a Bachelor's Degree and 1 to 3 years of software testing experience.
Essential Duties of the QA Test Engineer
- Write UAT test cases in accordance with SOPs and SWIs.
- Perform validation tests as part of a quality engineering team
- Work closely with the software engineering to resolve issues arising in the test process
- Report defects in defect tracking tool
- Conduct defect investigations and verification
- Participate in cross-training activities, e.g. new technology, hardware and process updates
- Communicate with offshore testing team.
- Attend software quality engineering department meetings.
Qualifications of the QA Test Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology or related field required.
- 1-3 years software testing experience preferred.
- Strong skills in maintaining detailed documentation.
- Ability to carefully examine requirements and specifications to anticipate quality issues and provide timely feedback when specifications are incomplete or inaccurate.
- Experience finding, reproducing, logging and verifying software defects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to communicate and work with an offshore team when necessary
- Must be detail oriented, organized and able to learn new tasks quickly and exhibit a positive attitude.