Quality Assurance Analyst
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
QA Analyst - Quality Assurance Analyst
In this role, you will work with the development team and QA Analysts to perform manual and automated testing on applications, report bugs and feedback to the team, and make recommendations regarding performance problems and optimizations.
This is a client-facing role.
- Responsible for testing
- Web services and integration between software application packages
- Custom web applications
- Third party software applications
- Data migration
- Analyze business requirements in order to define application testing strategy and test plans.
- Participate in software/hardware releases, installation tasks, implementation planning, and other operational activities.
- Perform any additional duties as needed by the Manager, or IT Department
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 3-5 years of QA testing experience including reviewing requirements, writing and executing test cases or scripts.
- Ability to generate comprehensive software testing plans and test cases based on product requirements and ongoing analysis of existing software systems
- Ability to develop testing programs that address areas such as cross-browser compatibility, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, and usability
- Ability to participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Ability to review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy and completeness
- Ability to thrive within a collaborative software development environment
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with a bug tracking application such as JIRA or Bugzilla
- Familiarity with SQL to gather data to aid in testing
- Knowledge of load testing products
- Knowledge of automated testing products