Quality Assurance Engineer - Part-Time
Rochester, New York | Contract
Quality Assurance Engineer - Part-Time - 24 hours per week
Seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer needed for a project lasting 9 months with our client located in Rochester, NY. Hours for this project will be 24 hours per week.
Primary Job Duties of the QA Engineer
- Responsible for providing the planning, integration, casing, scripting, and execution of all testing required of a single software change or project.
- Reviews business requirements and design specifications for low to moderately complex changes/systems for completeness and testability.
- Develops and maintains test plans, test environments, test cases, test scripts and/or workflow usage.
- Conducts testing using company-specific, manual or automated processes.
- Executes test scripts/cases and communicates the results of testing.
- Prepares and maintains test case documentation which may include alignment to client configurations.
- May assist with diagnosing and resolving technical and operational problems on installed networks, systems or products.
- Documents all problems and works to resolve them. Reports progress on problem resolution to project management. Implements pre-determined improvements to current procedures and reports on success of changes.
- Prepare quality assurance plans for projects according to documented procedure.
- Works with the software development team to establish plans, standards, and procedures.
- Reviews software engineering activity to verify compliance.
- Audits designated software work products to verify compliance.
- Implements collection of software metrics.
- Escalates software process issues to appropriate levels of management.
Quality Assurance Engineer / QA Engineer - 14736