Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
We have an opening in the Pittsburgh, PA area for a Quality Engineer. Interested candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of engineering experience.
- Manages supplier relationships and works to improve “overall” supplier performance
- Conduct supplier surveys, on site audits, and follow up audits, to qualify and assess supplier’s quality and manufacturing capabilities
- Maintain and Analyze Key Performance Indicators and Cost of Poor Quality data to identify recurring trends and drive improvement actions to reduce internal and external failure costs
- Monitors and communicates supplier performance for delivery, quality and cost management
- Assist in investigations to determine root cause(s) of product defects including field and internal failures.
- Apply appropriate control plans to achieve problem containment, and then drive corrective and preventative actions to address the determined problem(s).
- Audit as required to verify effectiveness of actions
- Drive Supplier actions to verify part and process quality at the Supplier’s location to reduce the need for incoming inspection activities
- Researches potential Suppliers and/or Service Providers to meet sourcing requirements
- Develop and lead charters that define cost reductions, assess business impact, develop and implement sustainable solutions
- Maintains Supplier Management processes (e.g. qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification);
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops systems for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred or equivalent years of experience Current ASQ, CQA or CQE certification is highly desirable.
- RAB auditor accreditation preferred
- Minimum 4 years Quality Engineering or Supplier Quality Engineering experience
- 3-5 years of experience in an Engineer role preferably in an electronics or power systems environment
- Experience with mechanical and electrical systems, specifically in engineering design, metal fabrication, and drafting
- Experience working with suppliers, preferably in a supplier development role that includes audits, and reviews
- MRP or ERP software experience required.
- Infor Cloud preferred
- Advanced in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Displays team leadership capabilities, along with good presentation techniques.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
- Complex problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel 15 – 20%