Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
Our client has a contract opening for a Project Scheduler in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
Essential Functions of the Project Scheduler include:
- Support Project Managers with developing consistent and detailed resource schedules;
- Liaise with resources to develop a cost and time-effective Detailed Project Schedule (DPS);
- Identify and develop the necessary work-around plans, by analyzing deviations and re-planning as necessary, to resolve critical project issues in conjunction with functional departments to mitigate adverse effects on contract schedule and financial performance;
- Ensure project meets committed schedule/contract dates and costs by providing and communicating timely and accurate analysis and forecasting of project schedules;
- Produce schedule-related KPI’s as required by the project.
- Update the Division’s Project Portfolio Reporting System (PPRS);
- Support or lead schedule negotiations with the customer;
- Assist in the management of project activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or related discipline;
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a resource planning, strategic staffing, or project planning role;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Primavera or other resource planning/costing tools;
- Broad understanding of Project Management Processes
- PMP certification a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Project Scheduler - 15315