Senior Business Analyst
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Pittsburgh, PA (downtown)
Full-time, direct hire opportunity for a Senior level Business Analyst.
The ideal candidate will have business and/or systems analyst experience within investment management operations. Experience with Eagle Business Management Software (EBMS) highly preferred!
- Solve business problems by performing business analysis, preparing requirements specifications and/or designs, providing project management, and testing for relevant business process modifications, applications, and/or reporting enhancements.
- Work collaboratively with the business unit to define business objectives and requirements and provide consultative support as needed regarding applications and business processes.
- Evaluate business needs, recommending best fit solutions such as purchasing third-party software, integrating multiple software applications or repairing current applications.
- Initiate and coordinate communication with business staff and management as required to facilitate the most effective and efficient solution to a problem
- Work with technical and development staff to conduct unit, system, and user acceptance testing.
- Determine and prepare estimates for completion of assigned tasks.
- Prepare business and functional requirements documents and all other required documentation
- Provide hands-on support and training, as needed, to the Operations staff.
- Mentor other business analysts and provide guidance to the team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or equivalent experience required
- 4 to 8 years systems analysis experience required; or, 3 or more years of experience in Investment Management business areas (operations or accounting) that includes information technology responsibilities required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Well-organized with the ability to work independently in a team environment
- Experience with Eagle Business Management Software (EBMS) highly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with either mutual funds, securities, financial accounting and/or industry-standard Investment Book of Record (IBOR)
- Experience with Corporate Actions or Reconciliation systems and Business Intelligence and/or Data Warehousing tools
- SQL experience preferred