Senior Data Architect
San Diego, California | Contract
Senior Data Architect
San Diego, CA
- Leads data mapping exercises with customers and implementation engineering teams to translate data from source system into standard import table layouts.
- Works with implementation engineering to ensure data is imported correctly.
- Provides quality assurance for imported data using validation scripts and regression testing.
- Leads functional workshops to fit customer requirements to existing product functionality
- Identifies areas of needed configuration, application change or customer business process change.
- Documents and presents functional requirements to customers and solicits feedback.
- Customizes and configures applications to agreed specifications or provides recommendations for this.
- Designs, develops and documents workbooks, spreadsheets and associated deliverables within forecast time-scales and budgets agreed with customers.
- Supports other team members with analytic activities, including assisting with the development and execution of test plans.
- Trains end users and customer development staff in the functionality of products, participating in the development of training and eLearning tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major related to computing, business, real estate, or management is strongly preferred.
- Related professional certification is important but not required.
- Primary direct experience includes working in a governmental tax office (assessor/appraiser, treasurer/collector, auditor, clerk/recorder) or a similar non-governmental position.
- Other pertinent experience includes: software implementation, technology consulting, customer relations, technical writing, business analysis, and teaching.
- Verbal and written communications
- Must maintain an effective working relationship with customers.
- Process analysis; Must be able to understand the purpose and flow of the customer’s existing processes in order to facilitate the most advantageous combination of software configuration and customer workflow.
- Experience with the assessment and/or collection of property taxes and other revenues will be vitally important in performing this job function.
- Collaborative mindset
- Organized, detail-minded
- Effective leadership skills to deliver a successful project implementation.
- Available for business travel up to 50 percent of the time.
- Common business applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and One Note
- Database tools such as SQL Server, T-SQL, Access, and Oracle
- Other tools such as Visio, Crystal Reports, desktop sharing applications and electronic document management systems.
Senior Data Architect - 15048