Senior Database Administrator
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
Senior Database Administrator / DBA / Big Data Administrator
The Senior Database Administrator’s role is to lead in the creation and support of our internal databases within our Hadoop environment. The selected individual must have knowledge of complex database concepts in order to provide a sound vision, leadership and strategy as well as actively participate in the design, implementation and subsequent operations.
- Recommend, architect, design, operate and maintain a data lake that supports large-scale analytics
- Ensure the architecture is optimized for large dataset acquisition, analysis, storage, cleansing, transformation and reclamation
- Ensure the architecture adheres to enterprise architecture best-practices that meet and exceed security, manageability, scalability, performance, availability, visibility and flexibility requirements
- Provide DBA services to internal and external clients in UNIX, AIX, and Linux environments
- Designs, installs, and maintains complex database systems including data modeling, security, performance, documentation, capacity planning, reporting, and tuning
- Leads the designs, development and implementation of database backup and recovery procedures to minimize downtime and ensure recoverability.
- Integrates major, complex systems through the database system
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree in Business (MBA), Computer Science/Software Engineering or related degree program is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience including database design, implementation, backup and recovery, monitoring, and tuning
- Minimum 5 years of enterprise architecture experience and 3 years working with enterprise data warehousing and business intelligence technologies and solutions
- Experience and detailed knowledge of ‘Big Data’ technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Redshift, HBase) and large data sets
- Experience with relational DBMSs (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres).
- Knowledge of relational databases, Structured Query Language (SQL), UNIX, AIX, or Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of programming or scripting language (KRON, PL/SQL, C Shell)
- Advance knowledge of programming.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and technical skills
Required Technical Skills:
- Data modeling, architecture, design and implementation
- MPP Databases
- Data Warehousing, Data Marts, Operational Data Stores
Senior Database Administrator / DBA / Big Data Administrator - 15588