Senior Project Manager
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Senior Project Manager
Currently have an opening in Pittsburgh, PA with a client for a Senior Project Manager.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for directing and managing multiple services and serving as a subject matter expert for client projects to assure high quality, on-time, and on-budget services while promoting excellent customer service.
Responsibilities of the Senior Project Manager
- Serve as subject matter expert for one or more product lines to provide support for Project Management team members, educate customers on the related operational services, and drive synergies across service lines.
- Independently lead the Planning and Setup, Monitoring, and Closeout phases of study management, including projects with multiple product lines, which include:
- Gathering customer requirements and relaying to internal teams
- Developing study documentation
- Distributing/tracking equipment
- Creating/distributing reports
- Archiving study data and documentation
- Appropriately setting and fulfilling of customer expectations
- Monitor study timelines and manage the financial components of each study
- Identify potential study risks and mitigations, and escalate as appropriate.
- Manage internal/external negotiations and promote collaboration to foster a positive team environment, effective communications, and efficient use of resources to meet study timelines and contractual obligations.
- Apply problem solving strategies to address customer issues and maintain issue tracking documentation to monitor progress and ensure timely resolution to customer escalations.
- Serve as department lead for operational readiness of new product initiatives.
Qualifications of the Senior Project Manager
- Bachelor's Degree and/or proven demonstrated Project Management skills or experience within the industry, including expertise in primary service line and/or support of studies in multiple service lines
- 4-8 years of experience in pharmaceutical field (or related industry experience), with an emphasis on project management
- Knowledge of the drug development process
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management, and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Detail oriented and demonstrated responsiveness to inquiries and requests
- Valid passport and ability to travel approximately 20%