Senior Software Developer
East Haven, Connecticut | contract
East Haven, CT
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and enhance existing multi-tier J2EE web application and optimize the design/technology/software for both performance and scalability.
- Design, prototype and implement architecture improvements working in collaboration with other technical and functional groups
- Research and prototype new tools and technologies to improve business requirements (the candidate must be able and willing to code in Linux environment).
- Lead and mentor technical team members (from multiple locations) by reviewing the design and their code.
- Presents status updates for various projects to project management and senior managers.
- Ensures self and team develop modules using disciplined processes, adhering to industry standards and best practice guidelines.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors;
- Work in collaboration with other groups to make sure the project is a success; this includes project management, business analysis, QA, operational groups;
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science
- 8+ years of overall software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in leading a technical group of 5 to 10 team members or above
- Required languages:
- 5+ years of experience in Core Java (including Generics)
- 4+ years in spring framework
- 3+ years of experience in:
- Ajax, Ant (version 1.7 and above)
- XML and XSLT
- Unix shell scripting with BASH
- KSH shell, AWK and GAWK
- Unix, Linux environment (no GUI)
- all aspects of the programming,
- ability to work with ssh, vi/emacs
- Oracle and Postgres and database DML & DDL
- Web servers:
- 5+ years of experience in Apache Tomcat and minimum 2+ year of experience in Apache Tomcat version 5.0 and above
- 2+ years of experience in Apache HTTP server and its administration with the knowledge of cache, memory cache, rewrite and redirect rules;
- 6+ years of experience in source version tools SVN with deep knowledge of SVN external properties, branching and merging.
- Text processing: 3+ years of experience in advanced regular expressions, XML, XSLT, character encoding.
- 3+ years of experience in project effort/risk estimation and reviewing architectural designs and programming codes
- 4+ years of experience in advance JVM debugging skills using Jprofiler, Jmap, Jconsole, Eclipse MAT or similar tools
- Effective technical communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Senior Software Developer - 15328