Senior Software Engineer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
Senior Software Engineer
Currently have a Senior Software Engineer opening with our client located in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
In this role, the Senior Software Engineer will be designing and building a suite of industry-leading SaaS web and mobile applications for driving continuous performance improvement, certification management and lifelong learning in healthcare. The person selected for this position will be responsible for designing and building innovative web and mobile applications.
Job Functions of the Sr. Software Engineer will include:
Application Development & Maintenance:
- Develop could-based applications for performance improvement, quality reporting and lifelong learning.
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications.
- Responsible for application software development efforts from deployment through maintenance support process.
- Participant in full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters and a dynamic, fast-paced, agile environment.
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Manages tasks and execution against project plans and delivery commitments. Responsible for individual results.
- Work closely with team lead and manager to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the problem is not well defined.
Requirements of the Sr. Software Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree required in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Informatics.
- At least 5 years of progressive, related application development experience.
- Experience in the following technical areas with demonstrated proficiency:
- Microsoft ASP.NET MVC software development and participation in successful production software deployments.
- Software Design / Development and has coded many applications used for business.
- Relational Database Concepts
- Databases (schema)
- SQL, Database query tools.
- SDLC/ADLC Methodologies.
- Experience analyzing data solving problems and troubleshooting to provide solutions.
- Experience in entire application development process, specifically Agile.
- Able to perform code reviews.
- Able to create and maintain technical documentation.
Special Certifications, Licensure or Technical Skills:
Senior Software Engineer - 15001