Senior Systems Administrator
Saxonburg, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Senior Systems Administrator - Linux
We have a full-time, direct hire opening in the Saxonburg, PA area for a Senior Systems Administrator.
Required Background and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science with 5 years of System planning, design and management of highly-available server and storage platforms supporting business critical production applications and databases
- RedHat Linux
- Strong protocol background (NFS, DNS, DHCP,, , TCP/IP, SFTP/FTP)
- Scripting and automation tools (Bash/shell, python, perl, ruby)
- Excellent Server troubleshooting skills (networking issues, system crashes, applications not working, etc)
- Experience creating and managing Linux based servers to known standards and actively managing them throughout their lifecycle.
- Kickstart or other system deployment experience
- Experience managing backup, recovery, OS upgrades and security patching on a scheduled basis
- Experience with Relational Database storage/ backup management and Tier 1 ERP Applications
- Experience with virtualization using Oracle VM and VMware
- Experience dealing with firewalled environments and making basic services work there.
- Experience with performance tuning, capacity planning, disaster recovery planning and storage management
- Windows Systems and directory services knowledge
- Good project planning and execution and project management skills
- Ability to determine roadmap for Linux environment
Nice to have:
- Experience managing servers in multiple time zones across the US, Europe and Asia
- Strong System diagramming skills (Microsoft Visio)
- Knowledge of Systems tools to manage Linux, Unix and Windows environments (Solar Winds, CA-Service Desk, Password Vault, Infoblox).
- Strong focus on cross platform solutions.
- Experience with change control processes, as well as version control systems (ex: CVS, subversion, etc)
- Experience with data center networking infrastructure
- Experience with a configuration management system such as Chef, Puppet, Salt or equivalent technology.
Senior Systems Administrator - Linux - 14586