Eagan, Minnesota | contract
Opening in Eagan, MN for a Software Developer.
Qualified candidates should have experience in big data ingestion and analysis. Candidates should also have skills developing applications and tools.
Ideal candidates should be well-versed in the use of Unix systems, Agile development philosophies, and have experience with big data infrastructures such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, and AWS/Azure. Solid written and verbal communication skills are a big plus, as are critical thinking capabilities. Windows development with .NET and Powershell is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Degrees in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or Music preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience
Most Desired Technologies and Skills
- Hadoop / HBase / Apache Spark
- ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana)
- Git or Mercurial
- Amazon Cloud Technologies
- Ruby / Rspec
- Linux / Unix Admin
- VMWare Workstation / Oracle VirtualBox
- Python and/or Powershell
- C++ / .NET
Software Developer / Unix / Big Data - 15567