Software Developer Lead - Flight Software
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Flight Software Development Lead
Our client is seeking a Flight Software Development Lead in Pittsburgh, PA. This position will be responsible for overall software architecture design as well as design methodology for the team.
The Software Developer will lead the design, implementation, and release of the flight software for lunar landing missions. This challenging position requires a working knowledge of architecture design, embedded systems programming, and driver development alongside strong experience in systems engineering, including knowledge of software release plans and test plans, design documentation, ICDs, user manuals, and test plans.
This person will lead a team of software engineers and will be the sprint/scrum master during development cycles.
Requirements of the Flight Software Lead
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering with strong software experience, or similar
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Strong background in C++ and python
- Experience with Git (or other version control systems)
- Background in Agile (or similar) development methodology with experience running scrum teams during development cycles
- Ability to analyze, debug and QA code as needed on hardware and in software simulation environments
- Experience with embedded systems and hardware level interface programming
- Experience with systems engineering principles, requirements development and requirements traceability
- Strong leadership skills: communication, organization, and planning
- A passion for building and deploying systems in the real world
- Strong teamwork skills
- Demonstrated experience leading engineering teams
- Experience in spacecraft flight software development and test is highly desirable
- Experience with robotics or other complex engineered systems
- Experience with simulation environments used to model vehicle systems and software capabilities
Must be a U.S. citizen to apply.