Greentree, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Seeking a Software Engineer for an opening with our client.
The Software Engineer will analyze requirements and develop new features for web applications based on client needs and direction from the project management team.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researching, designing, and developing software solutions based on known requirements
- Analyzing customer requirements to determine feasibility of design within time constraints
- Evaluating usability and performance concerns to ensure proper implementation of new features
- Working with other software engineers and management of the development team to communicate progress and concerns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Software Engineering experience with a focus on custom developed and system integration projects.
Highly Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer on a web-based software application development team.
- Proven experience with the following technologies:
- ASP.Net 4.5+, C# (5+ years)
- ASP.Net MVC 5.0+
- Web API 2
- Third-party API’s
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server 2008/2012 (5+ years)
- LINQ & Lambda syntax
- Web services (WFC and RESTful)
- Ability to write well-architected code and adhere to best practices for code reusability
- Ability to adhere to software development conventions while also recommending improvements.
- Ability to analyze, understand and work with third party APIs.
- Experience with the ASP .NET page lifecycle, web services, and AJAX.
- OOP expertise and proven experience using Design Patterns.
- Expert knowledge of software development methodologies and full SDLC development.
- Proficient in both written and oral communications with the ability to handle high stress situations.
- Strong customer service, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously are essential.
- Must be a self-starter with experience managing relationships at all organizational levels.
- Proficient with Visual Studio 2013/2015, SQL Server Management Studio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project.