Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
Software Engineer - C++
Pittsburgh, PA *** U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident***
We have an opening for a Software Engineer with strong C and C++ hands-on software development skills for a role with a client in Pittsburgh, PA.
The ideal applicant for this position is sharp and creative, and has strong experience developing and testing software for robotics and/or sensing applications. Experience and interest in production-level coding and testing methods would be a plus.
Requirements of the Software Engineer
- PhD's or Master's Degree highly preferred
- Strong C and C++ development skills.
- Familiarity with development in Linux-based environments.
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion and Mercurial.
- Working knowledge of software debugging and profiling tools.
- Solid background in data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent software engineering habits.
Preferred Background and Experience
- Experience with complex robotic applications including perception and planning;
- Experience with embedded systems and real-time operating systems; and
- Strong math skills and familiarity with linear algebra.
Software Engineer - C++ - 14740