Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
Software Engineer - Java
***Must be U.S. Citizen***
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer
Developing highly interactive applications that are easy to use, appealing to the eye, and pay attention to detail.
Translating functional and user requirements into mock-up GUI screens and reviews them with the end-user.
Perform unit testing to ensure quality.
Implementation of Architecture/Design.
Implement modifications to existing applications in order to meet the clients’ updated requirements.
Qualifications and Requirements of the Software Engineer
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years, or Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years’ experience.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with Unix/Linux commands, MS windows and writing SQL Server queries
- Experience using one or more of the technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Spark, Cloudera, Storm, H-base, Flume, Zookeeper, Solr, Kafka, HornetQ) Preferred
- Knowledge of graph databases (RDF, SPARQL) preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task