Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Our client has an opening for a Software Engineer in their office located in Pittsburgh, PA.
This is a full-time, direct hire opening - lots of company perks including great health benefits package, 401k, paid holidays and free parking along with additional office perks.
In this Software Engineering role, you will use cloud-based, mobile technology, to develop cutting edge mobile and desktop applications in a customer facing, cross platform environment.
- Develop and deploy consumer-oriented products across a wide range of operating systems including: iOS, Android, Windows, OSX and Linux.
- Modularize architectural components to maximize scalability and minimize code duplication
- Implement clear and well documented API for use in higher level code
- Work in conjunction with other developers to produce a coherent and stable API
- Analyze and leverage existing code/API in ways other than the original intent
- Translate legacy components into a newer code base while maintaining the components overall architecture in the new code base
- Debug problems in code through static analysis as well as platform specific debugging tools
- Analyze error output via logging or stack dumps to determine where and what went wrong
- Contribute bug fixes to APIs that do not compromise the integrity of the API architecture
- Develop user interface with clear and easy to understand paradigms
- Perform various other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or at least 4 years’ relevant work experience
- Minimum 3 years’ of engineering experience
- Programming background in C, C++, C#, Java or other object oriented programming languages required
- Knowledge in the following technical areas desired: reverse engineering, debugging environments, and mobile and desktop UI systems
- Relevant work experience, including iOS, Android, Cross platform development and building consumer oriented products and applications strongly preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment