Software Eningeer II
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Software Engineer II
Currently have a full-time, direct hire opening for a Software Engineer. Interested candidates need to have a Bachelor's Degree and a computer related field and at least 3 years of application development experience using .Net and SQL.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer
- Coding and continuous testing of complex modules and applications
- Writing, debugging, unit testing, and performance test code in all applications layers, including front end (Web), middle layer (Web Services), and data access layer
- Understanding and interpreting requirements to contribute to the technical architecture and the associated design documents.
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, etc.
- Utilize domain driven techniques and design patterns to build and contribute to technical design.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of implemented requirements and detailed application behaviors.
Requirements of the Software Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in computer information technology, computer science, management systems or related discipline preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in all areas of application development including at least 3 years using Microsoft .NET and SQL technologies building commercial grade applications.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with n-tier, enterprise-scalable, distributed application environments.
- Advanced level skills (3+ years industry experience) in:
- .NET Framework (C#)
- ASP.NET WEB API
- Entity framework
- WCF Web Services
- MS SQL
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design and programming skills.
- Experience with source code version control and the coordination/synchronization of multiple active branches.
- Experience with T-SQL
- Understanding and development experience in MS Azure, entity framework code first is a plus
- Experience incorporating third party components and frameworks.
- Familiarity and experience executing several software development methodologies and lifecycles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative and self-motivation to work independently on projects.