Software Test Engineer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
Software Test Engineer ***Must be U.S. Citizen***
Currently have an opening with a client in Pittsburgh, PA for a Software Test Engineer. Interested candidates need to have a Bachelor's Degree and a t least 3 years of experience in web and client-based testing.
Responsibilities of the Software Test Engineer
- Drive all product software testing types (functional, integration, system, regression) using automated and manual testing techniques.
- Create and maintain product test plans.
- Develop and execute test cases (white-box and black-box).
- Create and maintain automation scripts
- Perform load and stress testing while measuring system performance results.
- Identify and track product risks, defects and issues.
- Develop product testing related deliverables using project specific templates and methodologies such as Agile and the Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Collaborate with development functional groups on technology changes necessary to enhance testing robustness.
- Log, analyze and report test results.
- Work with QA engineers, managers, software engineers, technical writers, and requirements team members to ensure quality and the successful rollout of new applications or features.
- Identify, define and satisfy all product testing deliverables and milestones.
- Define and evolve quality assurance testing standards, guidelines, procedures, processes, and metrics.
- Interface with client stakeholders and domain experts as related to the testing process.
- Work with the team to support the product testing lifecycle and schedules.
Requirements of the Software Test Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 3+ years web and client based testing experience
- White box testing experience including data validation using SQL
- Experience using test automation, test management and defect tracking tools.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and software testing methodologies
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
Software Test Engineer - 14266