Sourcing and Purchasing Specialist
Port Washington, New York | Contract
Sourcing and Purchasing Specialist - Procurement
Port Washington, NY
We have an opening in Port Washington, NY for a Sourcing and Purchasing Specialist.
Responsibilities of the Sourcing and Purchasing Specialist
- Negotiates contract elements, including terms and conditions, pricing, and lead-time.
- Manages suppliers’ performance, including support, development and monitoring of supplier performance metrics.
- Negotiates expected supplier performance metrics and develops and administers corrective action plans for performance failures.
- Prepares, distributes and awards RFQ blankets and reviews expiring blankets for re-bid.
- Determines, loads and updates pricing and lead times in purchasing database.
- Drives suppliers to electronic and automated interface and analyzes spend and product mix for standardization opportunities.
- Serves as customer contact and alliance manager for supply chain issues.
- Develops and maintains professional knowledge regarding the market drivers, market trends, economic forecasts, supplier base, and competitive intelligence.
- Analyzes material demand and determines inventory strategy or alternative supply chain strategies for maintaining high material availability at the lowest total ownership costs.
- Functions as team leader and facilitator for supplier negotiations, engineering standardization meetings, category strategy development, etc.
- Communicates and coordinates supplier strategies with sales engineer.
- Ensures commodity and inventory strategies are aligned with key customer initiatives and metrics.
- Sourcing experience for MRO items preferred
- Purchasing experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to talk
- Quick learner; Ability to manage multiple projects
Sourcing and Purchasing Specialist - Procurement - 14405