Sr. Application Developer
New York, New York | Direct Hire
Senior Application Developer
New York, NY
Currently have a full-time, direct hire opening in New York, NY for a Senior Application Developer. The ideal candidate will have experience developing custom application from scratch.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops, codes and tests applications for complex projects from inception to implementation.
- Performs major components of the system development process through turnover to production.
- Participates in the technical design, development, and implementation of more complex application systems.
- Uses various programming languages to develop applications, creates test transactions, and writes documentation that describes installation and operating procedures for more complex applications.
- Adheres to current project management standard processes and ensures compliance to quality assurance policies for more complex applications.
- Utilizes standard procedures and techniques to write new programs of moderate complexity.
- Develops and makes technical recommendations for applications that support organizational needs.
- Minimum 4 - 6 years’ experience required.
- Knowledge about the functions and features of multiple modern and traditional methods for developing applications.
- Experience with application development.
- Must be knowledgeable about major tools in a toolkit for a specific platform and features of multiple toolkits.
- Must have very good communication skills and be able to effectively run meetings.
- Experience with some of the following languages and technologies are preferred but not required:
- APIs, MS SQL Business Intelligence tools, relational databases (specifically, MS SQL, and MS Access).
- Familiarity with object-oriented languages, XML, HTML, Cold Fusion MX, Harvest, Visual Basic, and/or various data analysis tools is beneficial.
Senior Application Developer - 14710