Sr. Electrical Design Engineer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
We have a direct hire opening for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer with our client in Pittsburgh, PA.
The Electrical Design Engineer will design electrical systems of autonomous robots and associated hardware and equipment. The Design Engineer will also design custom electronics and circuit boards, incorporating off the shelf systems and hardware, modules and components, and apply knowledge and experience to solve high level technical challenges.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Design Engineer
- Analog and digital circuit design, pcb layout
- Create and maintain manufacturing documentation
- Prototype hardware startup, testing, and validation
- System startup, testing, and validation
- Support manufacturing activities with high level expertise as needed
- Interact with outside vendors and design contractors
Requirements of the Electrical Design Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a product design and manufacturing environment
- Industrial automation experience a plus
- Design for harsh environments and reliability a plus
- Experienced with analog and digital circuit design, pcb layout
- Fluent in various CAD and electronic documentation systems
- Working knowledge of pcb layout design rules and special considerations for high-speed, matched impedance, etc.
- Strong electrical and electro-mechanical/robotics skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work within team projects
- Altium Designer