Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
We have an opening with our client in the Pittsburgh, PA area for a Systems Administrator. The primary function of a Systems Administrator is to be responsible for maintaining the computing environment by identifying system requirements, installing upgrades, and monitoring system performance. This position requires evening and after hour availability.
Essential Duties of the Systems Administrator
- Assists with Administering day-to-day operations of Windows and LAN systems
- Assists in the monitoring of LAN performance and maintenance of LAN security
- Establishes and maintains Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plan and objectives related to system infrastructures
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Assist with the integration of servers, including database, e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, connectivity, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades system by developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related work experience, including Tier II experience
- Experience with the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Active Directory
- System Administration
- LAN Knowledge
- Proxy Servers
- Networking Knowledge
- Network Hardware Configuration
- Network Maintenance
- Strong verbal and excellent written communication skills; strong attention to detail
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Strong ability to build consensus; ability to influence others
- Effective in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively and positively in fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated, independent and proactive.
- On-call availability as required
Systems Administrator - 14411