Berekeley, California | Contract
We have an opening in Berkeley, CA for a Systems Administrator.
Essential Functions of the Systems Administrator
- On-site responder for telecommunications-related tickets
- Install, move, add/change/delete of telecommunications-related requests
- Will have the requisite knowledge to perform Field Services, including without limitation, the punch down of telecommunication connections in the wiring closets.
- Work with local telecommunications carriers to be the on-site support to resolve issues with the telecommunications carriers’ circuits.
- Accurately complete and close tickets in the incident management system using appropriate coding as defined in the Operations Services Guide.
- Installs, moves, adds, changes and deletions of LAN connections
- Connectivity for network printers
- Assist in conducting problem analysis of network connectivity issues.
- Provide on-site support during On-Site Business Hours.
- Outside of On-Site Business Hours, technician will provide on-call support 365 days per year, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
Requirements of the Systems Administrator
- Associate’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or a related field plus 5 year of industry experience.
- 5+ years of recent LAN or Telecommunications experience required
- Cisco experience required
- Experience in network communications related to TCP/IP, cabling, Vendor support, Carrier support
- Operating system support for LAN, configuration, software updates, system diagnosis, debugging, tuning and basic troubleshooting in Cisco
Systems Administrator - 14934