Brooklyn, New York | Contract
Opening in Brooklyn, NY for a Systems Administrator.
Duties will include:
- Troubleshoot desktop and network problems
- Making changes to Active Directory infrastructure
- New installs of active directory domains
- Supporting managed services functions - patching, asset management, license management, anti-virus and backup management
- Taking part in an on-call rotation for after-hours support emergencies. Monitoring emails and operational alerts.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 yeas of experience
- Windows, Linux and Solaris experience from an administration perspective.
- Understand local area networking and setting up and configuring end user devices - desktops, printers, wireless access points and other wireless devices
- Must have knowledge of setting up windows active directory domains, group policy management, file and print services, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Exchange, virtual private networks for windows 2008 and windows 2012 server.
- Must have experience in installing and configuring windows desktops (Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10) and desktop application software
- Will be required to work with scripting automation tasks. Will be required to provide ad-hoc support for application servers and clients for line of business applications.
PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Configuring cisco switches and firewalls not limited to setting up switch ports, vlans, access rules and policies.
- Setting up and managing Vmware, Vsphere and Vcenter.
- Scripting using windows powershell for basic AD management.
Systems Administrator - 15027