Chestertown, Maryland | Direct Hire
We have an opening with our client located in Chestertown, MD for a Systems Administrator.
This position is responsible for enterprise level systems administration including maintenance, backups, patch management, support, troubleshooting, and installation. Areas of responsibility include Citrix, VMware, NetApp, development and production server environments.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
Qualifications and Background
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related
- Microsoft and VMware Certifications preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience working within enterprise level Networking/Routing
- Must have 2-3 years of experience working with Storage technologies - NetApp
- Must have 4 years of Virtualization experience - VMWare
- Experience with NetApp, VMware, Windows Server, Riverbed Steelhead and SteelFusion
- Windows Servers (2008 and Up)
- Active Directory / Group Policy / DNS
- Thorough understanding of LAN/WAN design, configuration, and administration
- VMware ESXi (5.5 – 6.5) engineering-level build and config experience
- Advanced TCP/IP Knowledge
- Basic understanding of Linux/Unix systems and their administration
- Hands on experience with building, maintaining, troubleshooting of Servers, Workstations, Networks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management and solid organizational skills
Systems Administrator - 15559