Hermitage, Pennsylvania | Contract
Seeking a Tax Clerk for an opening with a client in Hermitage, PA.
The ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of general accounting experience, some tax accounting support experience would be a plus.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist and support tax department management and the company’s outside tax consultants with taxation matters, including, but not limited to, filing tax returns and other required reports, research, and gathering information for and responding to inquiries from tax authorities.
- Prepare, organize and handle tax documents, reports and statements
- Perform basic accounting functions, such as preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with company tax and accounting policies and other company rules and regulations
- Ensure compliance with tax professional standards and ethics in tax assistant functions
- Manage and update tax files and databases
- Assist tax department management with budgeting and forecasting models
- Provide process improvement recommendations to tax department management
- Perform various clerical duties, such as typing, printing, copying or scanning documents and reports, or preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- 3+ years general accounting experience; some tax accounting support experience would be a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Excel proficiency (will be tested)
- Good organizational and planning skills; Efficient time management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to perform well without close supervision, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to effectively work on multiple tasks
- Keen focus on detail and quality assurance of work
Tax Clerk - 15168