Trade and Customs Compliance Analyst
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Essential Job Functions
- Manage U.S. and foreign government trade compliance inquiries and/or audits
- Liaise with government agencies, partners, and cross-functional persons addressing issues or inquiries through strategic management of imports/exports
- Adapt, coordinate, and ensure that SOP’s, audits, reporting, database attributes, classification coding, tariffs, duty programs, global trade systems (GTS/ERP) support the vast compliance, cost reduction or recovery opportunities
- Verify data elements and methodologies of reporting to the U.S. government, including CBP, BIS, Census.
- Advise and support internal and external trade compliance inquiries, audits; internal KPI’s and tie to key financials; risk reviews to minimize process disruptions; trade flow analyses.
- Determine eligibility, review free trade agreements and approval of supplier-generated NAFTA certificates
- Manage costs, filters, and screenings involved with denied party screening referrals and alerts
- Bachelor's Degree required. Advanced Degree preferred
- Licensed Customs House Broker
- 8+ years business experience.
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. Customs laws, Harmonized Tarrif Classification and application of Import/Export trade regulations
- All-encompassing global trade and customs compliance experience including background working within international operations and logistics
- Strong project management and Global Trade systems experience (e.g. Internal – ERP; External – ACE)
- Pronounced analytical, investigative, critical thinking skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
Trade and Customers Compliance Analyst - 15387