Training & Documentation Specialist
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Training and Documentation Specialist - Technical Writer
This is a direct hire opportunity with a client for a Training and Documentation Specialist.
Interested candidates must have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree and must have FrameMaker experience and be able to present samples of their work.
- Research, write, assess and edit technical documents (maintenance manuals, release notes, white papers, etc.), user manuals and quick reference guides for audio/video conferencing products,
- Review existing documents for accuracy and usability, and conduct customer training on audio conferencing products and internal operations training classes as need.
- Assist with audio operations during peak IR times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing or in a technical discipline (i.e. Computer Science) is required
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in documentation design
- 1-2 years’ experience researching and writing technical documents, user guides, quick reference cards, training manuals, release notes, white papers, etc.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills including a strong command of grammar
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer literacy including a firm working knowledge of:
- Adobe Frame Maker 12
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Adobe Photoshop CC2014
- Illustrator CC2014
- Audition CC2014
- InDesign CC 2014
- Microsoft Office knowledge required.
- Ability and willingness to travel 25% of the time, domestically and internationally, is required
- Ability and willingness to conduct customer demonstrations
Training and Documentation Specialist - Technical Writer - 14385