Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Translation Coordinator -Clinical Systems
The Translations Coordinator is responsible for facilitating the language translation process for products that are deployed globally.
Responsibilities of the Translation Coordinator
- Work closely with 3rd party translations vendors to translate product solutions.
- Work with Project Management team to schedule and scope translations projects, and drive completion of translations-related milestones per the schedule.
- Coordinate with translations vendors to deliver work per schedule requirements and defined scope; this includes initiating new projects with the vendor, and tracking status and progress of all assigned projects.
- Review the work product of the translation agency for completeness and escalate and mitigate quality or delivery issues.
- Use and troubleshoot internal tools to implement translations into translation software.
- Support Quality Control by fixing defects related to translations during the software testing process.
- Educate other functional areas and translations vendors on the translations process.
- Evaluate translations processes for continuous improvement, and participate on cross-functional teams to drive improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications of the Translation Coordinator
- Bachelor's Degree (in Language-related is preferred)
- Project Coordination/Project Management experience is required (at least 3 years)
- Strong proofreading and attention to detail is required
- Proven track record for adhering to timelines and being a productive cross-functional team member is required
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- HTML experience
- Ability to troubleshoot software applications
- Familiarity with working in highly-regulated environments
- Working in a Life Science related industry is a plus
- Familiarity with software development industry