Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Currently have a full-time, direct hire opportunity in the Pittsburgh, PA area for a Warehouse Supervisor.
Warehouse Supervisor Responsibilities
- Manages day-to-day warehouse operations
- Supervises hourly employees; Oversees and improve staff morale through positive example and a solution-oriented approach toward problem solving.
- Supports Human Resources function through interviewing, hiring, monitoring absenteeism, tardiness, time cards, etc.
- Manages daily receiving and picking operations.
- Manages printing and packing of sample orders
- Manages product returns to ensure they are being handled in a timely fashion;Works with customer service, customer solutions and order entry on problem orders and issues.
- Monitors departmental and individual performance and provides appropriate feedback, encouragement, and discipline when necessary in order to facilitate department improvements and control.
- Monitors department productivity and accuracy.
- Monitors daily location reports; ensure proper material flow through warehouse and production floor.
- Assists with other cross-functional tasks as assigned by the Warehouse Manager.
- Monitors and improve productivity in the samples, returns and mailroom areas
- Ensures quality check orders and returns for accuracy
- High School or equivalent plus 1-3 year’s experience managing warehouse operations
- Experience in the returns process
- Supervisory experience
- Strong computer skills; Knowledge of Great Plains software
- Batch Printing
- Strong organizational skills; Multi-Tasking Skills
- Problem solving skills