Waste Plant Operator Level III
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
We have an opening in the Pittsburgh, PA area for a Waste Plant Operator.
The Waste Plant Operator will operate a waste disposal plant for the efficient treatment of organic and inorganic waste.
- Operates waste disposal plant and all equipment associated with waste disposal
- Maintains correct flows and levels in various vessels and process equipment using appropriate means.
- Collects samples on a scheduled basis and/or as necessary to provide adequate controls.
- Perform chemical and biological analysis using methods approved by the State Board of Health for the determination of pH values, fluoride, copper, nitrate, chromium, nickel, cyanides, suspended solids, acidity and/or alkalinity, chemical or biochemical oxygen demand, volatility mineral contents, etc.
- Maintains proper chemical limits necessary to uphold proper limits as determined through regulations.
- Prepare and maintain documentation for internal and regulatory reporting in the areas of de-ionized water, waste treatment plant, and waste storage areas
- Performs maintenance of equipment which may include, but is not limited to, lubrication, replacement of packing parts/valves, painting and cleaning assisting other personnel.
- Maintains waste treatment plant building, equipment, and grounds in clean and orderly condition.
- Diagnose troubleshoot, maintain and repair all daily process equipment, chemicals, functions and facility systems and infrastructures pertaining to treatment and flows keeping the facility operating within its permitted guidelines.
- Must have passed BOTH the Part I General Examination and the Subclassification 1 – Activated Sludge examinations of the PA State DEP Water and Wastewater Systems Operator’s Certification Program. (i.e., Obtained PA State Operator’s License).
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds consistently.