Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
Our client in Pittsburgh, PA is looking for a Web Developer to join their team.
The ideal candidate will have a solid development background in ASP.NET, Angular and MVC
Web Developer Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze client information, data, requests and problems as they pertain to development needs.
- Participate in the creation of client proposals and estimates.
- Provide assistance in RFP responses, and act as senior technical resource during sales meetings.
- Lead system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- Work with team to identify appropriate software architectures based on client requirements, problems, needs and requests.
- Perform detailed technical design of solution oriented software architecture including entity-relationship diagrams and class diagrams.
- Lead development team in coding, debugging, and implementing software solutions.
- Plan, organize and run scrum-based development sprints, communicating with development team to ensure full understanding of requirements and assigned tasks.
- Lead client demonstrations of software solutions.
- Perform code reviews of other developers.
- Establish and document development standards including coding standards, patterns, methodologies and best use of tools.
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations regarding new technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar discipline.
- 6+ years of experience working as a Software Developer with demonstrated success developing a variety of software systems, particularly web based solutions.
- 2+ years of experience:
- leading software development teams through complete software lifecycle.
- designing software systems, particularly web based solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in:
- Experience in Angular 2+ using TypeScript is preferred.
- ASP.NET MVC 4+ using C# and either .NET Framework 4+, .NET Standard or .NET Core.
- Experience using Entity Framework, NHibernate or a similar ORM tool.
- Experience using or authoring web services with XML and JSON.
- Experience using Visual Studio Team Services, TFS or similar tools such as GitHub and Jira.
- Experience with modern build process using npm.
- Experience with SQL Server (2014 preferred), stored procedures, understanding and application of entity-relationship design principles.
- Firm understanding of Responsive Web Design and supporting frameworks.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies and corresponding tools and techniques.
Web Developer - 15164