.Net Software Developer
294 Massachusetts Ave Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15074 | Direct Hire
Software Engineer - ASP.Net / C#
Full-time, direct hire opening with our client for a Software Engineer.
Pay Rate: 60K - 80K
The Software Engineer will work to provide solutions for web-based applications.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze requirements and develop design documents to properly plan the implementation of new features.
- Work with the Business Analysts, Project Manager, and other developers on the software engineering team to brainstorm solutions to complex development challenges and conduct research to arrive at the best solution.
- Provide accurate work estimates for feature development and bug fixes.
- Adhere to industry best practices to write well-architected code in order to ensure a clean and maintainable code base.
- Document all testing scenarios used when self-testing code to ensure that all requirements and performance standards have been met.
- Work directly with QA team to provide details of requirements and testing concerns and make corrections to code as necessary.
- Support data integration and software upgrade projects.
- Support integration and functional testing.
- Analyze customer issues and provide recommendations to improve business performance.
- Assists support teams in the resolution of customer questions and issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Software Engineering experience with a focus on custom developed and system integration projects.
Highly Desired Skills and Background
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer on a web-based software application development team.
- Proven experience with the following technologies:
- ASP.Net 4.5+, C# (5+ years)
- ASP.Net MVC 5.0+
- Web API 2
- Third-party API’s
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server 2008/2012 (5+ years)
- LINQ & Lambda syntax
- Web services (WFC and RESTful)
- Ability to write well-architected code and adhere to best practices for code reusability and separation of concerns with meticulous attention to detail to ensure a clean and maintainable code base.
- Ability to author small to medium-sized technical design documents prior to commencing development.
- Ability to analyze, understand and work with third party APIs.
- Experience with the ASP .NET page lifecycle, web services, and AJAX.
- OOP expertise and proven experience using Design Patterns.
- Expert knowledge of software development methodologies and full SDLC development.
- Proven ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service, analytical and organizational skills.
- Must be detailed oriented, and possess strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Visual Studio 2013/2015, SQL Server Management Studio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project.
Software Engineer - ASP.Net / C# - 15840