11 Stanwix Street Pittsburgh, PA 15222 | Contract
Functional Business Analyst
Pay Rate: 25-35/hr
Currently looking for an experienced Business Analyst to fill an opening in the Pittsburgh, PA area. Interested candidates should have a minimum of 2 - 5 years of relevant work experience in business or consulting and be experienced with Microsoft Office products.
Responsibilities of the Business Analyst
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Discover, gather, document and vet business and functional requirements for new projects.
- Perform research and writing tasks on basic and complex documentation projects to create product or process requirements documents, functional specifications, guides, manuals, help systems, web-based documents, and tutorials.
- Analyze business and functional needs critically.
- Assist in providing time estimates for project related tasks.
- Provide input into developing and modifying systems to meet client needs and develops business specifications to support these modifications.
Requirements of the Business Analyst
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience in business or consulting
- Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- VISIO, Access, and MS Project experience a plus.
- Highly organized, with the ability to organize diverse sets of information.
- Self-starter; Strong sense of urgency
- Sharp business sense and the ability to identify business opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong team player; Proven relationship builder
- Ability to travel up to 60% as required
Functional Business Analyst - 16657