120 Liberty Street Pittsburgh, PA 16323 | Direct Hire
Buyer - Manufacturing
Currently have a full-time, direct hire opening in the Pittsburgh, PA area for a Buyer for a manufacturing client.
- Manage the entire purchasing life cycle including engineering development, supplier candidate identification, quoting, supplier selection, purchase order entry, purchase order maintenance (move in/outs, expediting, cancellation) to actual receipt.
- Manage supplier relationships through building new contacts, development & maintaining positive & productive working relationships
- Manager inventory levels to optimize availability through the entire product life cycle at the lowest investment to support all customers/demand streams.
- Independently analyze and recommend appropriate actions to maintain and reduce inventory levels to support departmental objectives.
- Initiate cost improvement activities to provide the company with best total cost of ownership value.
- Additionally investigate, analyze, and recommend streamlined process improvements.
- Provide supervision and mentoring to other Supply Chain personnel to improve their skills in Purchasing techniques and strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering
- 5-10 years experience in an industrial procurement organization.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of purchasing, manufacturing, materials and inventory management, quality, information systems, finance, and engineering drawings.
- Solid decision-making skills
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Working knowledge of integrated business systems is required to effectively execute the responsibilities of the position.
- High level of computer skills including office automation and business systems.