CAD Software Training Specialist
Harrisburg, PA 17120 | Contract
Technical Specialist - CADD Software Training
The primary responsibility of the Technical Specialis is to develop, facilitate and conduct end user training for the upgrade of internal CADD software. (Bentley MicroStation, InRoads SS2/SS3 to OpenRoads SS4/Connect).
The candidate must possess a solid understanding of the processes associated with civil engineering design and have current skills in Bentley software listed below:
- Storm and Sanitary/Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE)/Subsurface Utility Design and Analysis (SUDA)
- OpenRoads Technology for Survey and Roadway Design
- iPlot and iPlot Organizer
- Trimble Business Center
Other responsibilities include:
- Design training plans that deliver large-scale transformation
- Develop customized training materials
- Identify appropriate business examples to illustrate key concepts/features.
- Identify and document business practices that maximize efficiency.
- Develop and conduct customized training for additional internal applications as needed.
- Coordinate training reviews to verify that designed trainings meet quality standards, functional/ technical requirements and user needs.
- Work with team members to anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues with current training and develop contingency plans as necessary.
Requirements and Experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of civil design process.
- 2 years (4 years desired) working knowledge and support experience which includes technical understanding, creation/maintenance of user documentation and training, in Computer Aided Drafting and Design Engineering Software.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in delivering live multi-day training classes for highly technical civil design software.
- Flexibility to travel throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for consecutive work weeks to conduct multi-day training classes at various locations.
- 2 year minimum (4 years preferred) working knowledge of the following:
- Bentley MicroStation, InRoads and InRoads Survey civil design software.
- 1 year minimum (2 years preferred) working knowledge of the following:
- Bentley civil design software: OpenRoads, Storm and Sanitary, Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE)/ Subsurface Utility Design and Analysis (SUDA), IPlot and IPlot Organizer.
- Trimble Business Center
- Minimum of 1 year experience in developing customized training materials for classroom, instructor led and web-based training classes.
- Experience in developing comprehensive user documentation.