613 Baltimore Drive Suite 300 Pittsburgh North, PA 18702 | Contract
This is an opening for a Civil Engineer to assist Project Managers in the production and delivery of site design and permitting for energy service and land development related projects.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 3 years' experience in a Civil or related engineering field including Energy Services/Land Development design, plan preparation, specifications and contract documents.
- Performs storm water management design in accordance with current regulations.
- Performs erosion and sedimentation control design in accordance with current regulations.
- Assists in the development or modification of reports, plans, specifications, and probable construction cost estimates to provide a complete set of contract documents for his/her projects within the department.
- Prepares design computations and quantity estimates to develop permitting and design documents.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, tests, aerial photographs of terrain, existing and proposed characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design projects.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare permitting and design documents.
- Works with staff in applying standard drawings and electronic file procedures to ensure consistency in applications of standards.
- Assists in client contact and communication pertaining to the specifics of the project.
- Attends client meetings - days or nights.
Working knowledge of engineering software is preferred in the following programs: AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoTurn, HY-8, VTPSUHM7, Pond Pak, StormCAD/Hydroflow, Microsoft Project, and ArcGIS.r Civil Engineering processes