Cleveland, Ohio 44114 | Direct Hire
Cloud Developer / Big Data Senior Application Support Developer
Full-Time, Direct Hire Opportunity in Cleveland, OH.
In this role, the Cloud Developer will work on resolving a wide range of issues in Big Data platform and applications.
- Manage production incident and outages
- Help plan, design, test, and review big data applications targeted to move to production
- Review big data applications in production for improvements
- Work cross-functionally to address issues and emerging needs in Big Data applications
- Works on problems where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent level of work experience
- 2 to 5 years experience in cloud application development in a technical environment as a developer or support resource
- Knowledge of big data landscape as demonstrated through experience or certification in the Cloudera Hadoop ecosystem including Spark, Hive, and Impala.
- Prior development experience using Java or Python in a big data environment - Cloudera preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic Unix scripting
- 3 Years Java development experience (Hadoop)
- 2 Years SQL/NoSQL experience with knowledge of advanced SQL filtering techniques to optimize queries
- Experience in a data warehouse environment
- Experience supporting an enterprise application
- Experience in MapReduce performance tuning