Cloud System Engineer
100 Bayer Road Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15205 | contract
Our client is seeking a Cloud System Engineer to assist with daily operations, continued advancement, and project management pertaining to cloud infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Innovate and advance IT and businesses into the emerging cloud computing era.
- Create cloud infrastructure designs and guide the development/implementation of cloud applications, systems, and processes.
- Assist in providing reliable and efficient operation of the technical infrastructure necessary to support local, regional, and global businesses
- Participate in problem resolution activities with colleagues around the globe.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years OR
- Master’s Degree with 4+ years OR
- Doctorate with 2+ years OR
- 8+ years applicable business experience
- Solid background and hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure (compute, networking, storage, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience supporting an environment running Microsoft Azure and related technologies
- Solid understanding of cloud computing service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and implementation/administration experience in virtualized/cloud environments
- Extensive experience supporting Windows and Linux operating systems running as Virtual Machines and/or cloud instances
- Solid understanding of networking, DNS, VLANs, network segmentation, OSI model
- Microsoft Azure certified strongly preferred
- Configuration and deployment experience on Amazon Web Services or equivalent public cloud provider platforms
- Scripting experience with languages such as Perl, Ruby, Python
- Infrastructure automation experience using technologies such as PowerShell, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Advanced network and security knowledge
Cloud System Engineer - 15709