DB2 / SQL Database Developer - UPDATE
One South Hermitage Rd 888-981-6000 Switchboard Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 16148 | Contract
Database Administrator / DB2 / SQL
- Work with the infrastructure team to ensure database availability and performance
- Creates custom queries to extract data from enterprise databases and other data sources.
- Maintain and improve existing ETL solutions from IBM DB2 to SQL Server.
- Provides ad-hoc research and analytical support to business users.
- Participate in an on call, after-hours support rotation.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Project management experience is required.
Expert knowledge of relational databases, logical modeling and data management
- Strong knowledge of MSSQL Server, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Execution Plans, and SQL Server Profiler.
- Experience developing BI solutions within a Microsoft SQL Server SSRS.
- Proficient in SQL Server 2008 R2 through 2014.
- Tuning and Optimization
Knowledge of Windows operating and security systems
Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.