5800 Corporate Drive Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15237 | Direct Hire
Database Architect / SQL DBA
Full-Time, Direct Hire Role
The ideal candidate will have a BS or MS degree, 10 or more years of database experience and be an SQL expert.
Responsibilities of the Database Architect include:
- Create, maintain and document the designs for enterprise databases to ensure integrity, scalability, and security
- Define, drive and manage enterprise data strategy and roadmap.
- Create architecture diagrams, and technology navigation map.
- Recommend and design system architectures to align with strategic business objectives.
- Track and resolve database architecture related incidents and requests and respond to database related escalations
- Work with the product development and product management departments to formulate strategic solutions to recurring problems
- Lead data governance, review all data and database schema changes, and implement as needed.
- Build tools, frameworks and dashboards to support running experiments and analyses.
- Write code to develop new software products and/or features, manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related area
- 10+ years proven database architect experience
- Strong knowledge in the following areas:
- Modeling relational databases and best practices
- SQL, Web Technologies, .NET, scripting
- Writing and optimizing SQL code, stored procedures, user-defined functions, triggers and views
- Solid understanding of software architecture, development processes, and SDLC
- Implementing appropriate indexes, constraints, and key relationships in SQL .
- Familiarity with distributed storage and processing of big data and/or NoSQL environments
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Team player
- Experience with SQL/NOSQL databases in cloud environments (AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud)
- Working Knowledge of BI tools such as PowerBI/Tableau/Looker/DOMO
Database Architect / SQL DBA - 16007