Highway 29 S Kings Mountain, North Carolina 28086 | contract
Kings Mountain, NC
Pay Rate: 18/hr
Our client is seeking an HR Generalist for a role within an EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) manufacturing environment.
Interested candidates should have at least 2 years’ EHS experience and at least 1 years experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Promote and collaborate with team members to identify new objectives, areas of improvement, activities and guidelines required to effectively drive reduction in environmental, health and safety (EHS) risks and hazards.
- Ensure safe work practices and compliance with EHS policies and procedures
- Responsible for disseminating MESH and legal/regulatory requirements and leading the implementation of these requirements.
- Drive the continuous improvement of all EH&S related activities by facilitating effective preventative/corrective action
- Act as the EH&S Representative for all third party certifications
- Provide ongoing training, at all levels, of EH&S systems, policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
- Manage the internal audit program for all EH&S systems, and collect, analyze and publish applicable data.
- Maintain Environmental Health & Safety policies, practices and metrics.
- Associate Degree required. (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience in an EHS-related role
- Minimum 1 year experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment (or related safety-sensitive setting)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates initiative; Self-directed
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
EHS Generalist - Environmental Health & Safety - 16498