Electrical Construction Estimator
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15317 | Direct Hire
Electrical Estimator in Canonsburg, PA area.
Direct Hire Role - 60K - 70K
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops cost estimates from take-off stage to bid hand-off.
- Develops cost estimates for change orders.
- Analyzes material and labor requirements to complete a project.
- Attends pre-bid and scope review meetings.
- Computes and submit bids.
- Reads blueprints.
- Meets with engineers, customers, vendors, and Project Managers.
- Visually inspects project locations to determine the amount of labor and materials needed to do the work.
- Contacts vendors for pricing.
- Assesses the costs of leasing equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Electrical Engineering or technical training in related field preferred.
- Electrical estimating and/or construction field experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and Low Voltage Systems.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to read and evaluate specifications and blueprints.
- Ability to estimate large and small projects.
- Ability to work under deadlines and external pressure.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (especially in Microsoft Excel, Word, Bluebeam).
- Ability to travel as required
Electrical Estimator - 15816