Electronic Lab Technician
W126N7250 Flint Drive Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin 53051 | contract
Menomonee Falls, WI
Pay Rate: $26/hr
Applies electrical theory and related knowledge to test and modify developmental or operational electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry.
Lab Tech Essential Functions
- Analyze each assigned project with the project engineer to reach an understanding of the test program to be followed, organize and take responsibility for its execution, and record and report the results.
- Objectively evaluate test results during the testing and reporting phases and clearly communicate conclusions to the project engineer either verbally or in writing.
- Assists in the creation of tests and test fixtures.
- Designs and constructs test fixtures as required to perform necessary functional and environmental tests.
- Develops automated test programs and systems, when appropriate, to streamline and standardize re-occurring tests. Furnishes documentation so that test system can be maintained and used by others.
- Researches and recommends new test equipment to improve lab functional capabilities.
- Associate Degree in Electrical, Electronic, or Mechanical Technology from an accredited institution of higher learning is required.
- 3-4 years of related technical experience.
- Electronic, mechanical, electro-mechanical, and software aptitude is required.
- Detailed skill in use of computer for test documentation and analysis.
- Able to use programming skills to develop automated instrument control and data acquisition programs. (i.e. Microsoft Office, LabView, etc.).
- Aptitude in the use of hand tools for mechanical assembly and electrical wiring of test apparatus and devices to be tested.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills. Must be self-motivated and able to complete tasks with little supervision.
Electronic Lab Technician - 15659