Embedded Systems Engineer
13100 E Michigan Ave Galesburg, Michigan 49053 | contract
Pay Rate: $38-40/hr
In this role, the Embedded Systems Engineer designs and develops embedded systems-level software and provides systems support.
- Follows process and procedures for implementation, validation and release of embedded software controls.
- Help define embedded system level and algorithm requirements to meet product performance and reliability requirements.
- Help define and improve embedded controls standards and processes, and potentially contribute to industry technical papers and conferences.
- Develop embedded control system strategies and architecture design in MATLAB/Simulink to achieve solutions.
- Use debugging and simulation tools to efficiently perform design iterations and optimization.
- Verify solutions created by you or other team members through simulation, sub-system, hardware-in-the-loop and vehicle level testing.
- Drive implementation consistency across multiple resources contributing to the same embedded system architecture.
- Utilize FMEA process to enhance design robustness.
- Contribute to continued enhancement of Core Embedded Software to support additional product features.
- 3-5 years engineering experience or Masters Degree in controls systems or engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience with CAN vehicle networks.
- Experience with Vector tools such as CANape and CANalyzer.
- Experience in automotive or commercial vehicle dynamics, vehicle powertrain, or chassis control systems.
- Basic understanding of powertrain or chassis control principles, components, and system variants.
- MATLAB and Simulink experience
- Cross functional project team management experience
Embedded Systems Engineer - 15781