Palo Alto, California 94306 | Direct Hire
Firmware Engineer / Embedded Software Engineer – C++ - Linux - Python
Full-time, direct hire opening with our client for a Firmware Engineer with a passion and motivation to work on embedded software design and development within the self-driving/autonomous vehicle space.
- Develop highly-reliable embedded software
- Work with system engineers to understand system architecture and computing need; provide guidance on computing system architecture and performance requirement.
- Implement sensing and control algorithms.
- Low level driver development, as well as high level application code development
- Develop software to configure and manage modern high-speed networking switches
- Work with hardware engineers in system bring-up, debugging and optimization of production systems
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or related area
- Solid grasp of modern networking principles and common protocols, including:
- link metrics
- link optimization
- Experience architecting complex, highly distributed real-time embedded systems
- Experience with C and C++ programming for embedded products
- Python and software design skills
- Experience with 2.5, 10 and 40 Gb networking
- Interest and ability to learn additional skills and technologies as required
- CAN, LIN, FlexRay communication protocols (preferred)
- SMI, I2C, SPI low level communication protocols (preferred)
Firmware Engineer / Embedded Software Engineer – C++ - Linux - Python - 16075