Global Director of Operations and Supply Chain
120 Liberty Street Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 16323 | Direct Hire
Our client in the Pittsburgh, PA area has a full-time, direct hire opening for Director of Global Operations and Supply Chain.
- Leadership of all manufacturing operations and supply chain for global product line to achieve production and revenue plans at target margins.
- Leadership, expertise and execution in the areas of outsourcing/subcontracting, purchasing, production planning and scheduling, and inventory control specific to the product line.
- Work with operations to manage global process improvement strategies following Lean concepts.
- Sets operational goals for each location and measures performance against established goals.
- Analyzes data and decides on methods of achieving the organization's priorities.
- Drives gap closure with each location should they be short of goals.
- Sets manufacturing location for each product and makes decisions on where product is produced.
- Working in collaboration with engineering leaders and engineering teams, implements product introduction execution and integration as well as standardization and rationalization of parts and components.
- Drives the execution of all safety and environmental goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required, MBA or Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive manufacturing leadership experience of multiple locations within a successful industrial organization
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification a plus.
- Deep understanding of global manufacturing best practices
- Experience in all facets of manufacturing (engineering, quality, supply chain, etc.).
- Strong understanding of the following manufacturing processes; machining, fabrication, bending, welding, painting and assembly.
- Proven experience in leading manufacturing organizations through operations excellence, including planning and scheduling and schedule adherence, driving continuous improvement methodologies and must have proven experience in Lean manufacturing throughout the organization.
- Extensive experience in union free and union environments including negotiating a union contract and dealing directly and effectively with union leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing business strategy, short-range and long-range strategies along with establishing, controlling and managing operating budgets and annual operating plans and objectives.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Talent assessment skill set and ability to build, lead, develop and grow an outstanding leadership team.
- Well-developed management skills (ability to mentor, delegate and motivate).
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be willing to travel 40-50% (domestic & international)
Global Director of Operations and Supply Chain - 15851