257 West Genesse Street Buffalo, New York 14202 | Contract
We have a contract role with our client in Buffalo, NY for a Health Coach.
- Develops a wellness coaching relationship and provides telephonic coaching services to members with a variety of health risks or conditions.
- Performs outbound calls to members regarding necessary care related to personal risk factors and discusses value added services available to members.
- Promotes wellness, represent insurance plan and interact with members in various community venues and community-based programs.
- Utilizes assessment tools and motivational interviewing techniques to help determine member’s goals, readiness to change and assist with developing an action plan.
- Develops and conducts onsite health-related wellness seminars and classes while enhancing relationships with internal and external clients to promote strong business partnerships as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelors Degree in a Health Science Field including Registered Nurse, Exercise Physiology, Nutritionist Health Promotion, Health Education or relevant field.
- 1-2 years experience in health coaching at an employer work-site, managed care company, scholastic setting or in a community environment.
- Nationally recognized Health Coach certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of and comfort with motivational interviewing techniques.
- Understanding of the fundamental health behavior change theories.
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in health promotion.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High energy level and ability to project enthusiasm.
- Effective presentation skills and persuasive communication style.
- MS Word; Intermediate MS Excel, MS Access, Internet
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a variety of environments.
Health Coach - 16420